Sunday 3 November 2013

Masque of the Red Death


This made me laugh.

Part of the research for my current novel required reading Poe's The Masque of the Red Death.

Before downloading it for Kindle, I looked up the plot summary on Wiki.

It's about two paragraphs long.

Fascinating, I thought. I must read this.

So I opened it up and settled down on the train from Gloucester to Bristol to read, anticipating the type of juicy detail that is always left out of a synopsis.

Erm... no.

The journey takes about an hour. I was finished in under twenty minutes. That really is it. One of the shortest stories I think I've ever read, and you needn't buy a copy because absolutely nothing is left out of the synopsis at all!

Still, a fun gothic read.

Wonder how they made a film out of it? It lasts for an hour and three-quarters!

No comments:

Post a Comment