Thursday 17 October 2013

Corporate Consideration


And therefore I'm guaranteed to make a few in this post...

I received a money-off coupon for using a chain's 'click and collect' service at my local store. I needed some new undies, so I thought, heck, why not?

Completed the checkout process, payment accepted, when I find myself delivered to a 'thank you for shopping' page explaining that:

You're order is accepted. We will let you know when it is on it's way.

Honestly, I'm not usually a complete pedant about these things. I don't scour friends' e-mails picking through their punctuation, or lose my mind over the occasionally misplaced apostrophe. Life is short, there are far bigger things to worry about. However, on this occasion, I felt it my civic duty to drop them a quick line. 

Now, I won't name and shame Matalan publicly online, but research does suggest that: Spelling mistakes 'cost millions' in lost online sales.

Admittedly, significantly less sales lost if you insert the mistakes after the person has paid. Cunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment