Friday 11 January 2013

Missing


Saw this in the news the other day: Witness statement could help hunt for Lord Lucan

For those who don't know, Lord Lucan was a British aristocrat who did the most famous disappearing act of all time after his children's nanny was found murdered.

The reason I find it interesting is because the witness is his sister, Lady Sarah, who sadly died a few years ago, and who lived in the village I am now writing from. She was the wife of the Reverend Cannon Gibbs.

Shortly after I moved here, nine tender years of age, I apparently stood up and gave a presentation in assembly on 'why God wouldn't love someone who was cruel to animals' - right in front of Cannon Gibbs, head of our local fox hunting corps.

Healthy disrespect for the establishment, even then.

Anyway, the story brought to mind an old short I drafted some years back, about a woman who goes missing. You can read it on my website: Elevation.

Beneath the smiles and the "there theres" he knew what they were thinking. He knew Andrea was thinking it too. The most common cause of disappearing girlfriends are their boyfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment