Saturday 18 July 2015

Outlander


I'm part of an organisation based in Scotland that's all about documenting standing stones. It's called The Northern Antiquarian  (website/Facebook/Twitter). Whilst updating the Twitter feed over the past few months, it seems every second post on #standingstones also carries the hastag #outlander.

What is this? I asked myself. Why is there a sudden influx of megalithic tourism?

Looked it up. It's a TV series based on a book by Diana Gabaldon.

What is absolutely fascinating is that the entire audiobook is free online!

As with Black Sails, it took me a while to get into it, but I'm happily hooked at the moment. I'm an absolute sucker for celticism, especially since Children of Lir found its footing. I'm rather fond of the music, too. I took bagpipe lessons for a while as a kid, but thankfully for everyone contented myself with the tin whistle after that. 

It seems all my favourite TV series are on hold at the moment: Peaky Blinders, Black Sails, Game of Thrones, Outlander. Running out of things to watch and buy for people. Suggestions always welcome. 

Very much looking forward to getting back to Scotland later this year when I return to the UK for a break. Last time I was there I discovered a playwright in a graveyard at Dundurn. 



No comments:

Post a Comment