Wednesday 15 July 2015

Ghostwoods Interview



The very first long piece I wrote was called The Tale of the Gypsy Cilarie/The Tale of the Gypsy Queen. It was about 57,000 words and started out as a character profile for a MUD (Multi User Dimension) I used to role-play on. I was heavily into text games as a kid and loved online platforms. The MUD was called Realms of Aurealis and my character, Gratia, was a thief.  
The profile I started out writing quickly blossomed into a full-blown fantasy story, telling the tale of how my character ended up in Aurealis and how she met Reverend, her main roleplaying partner. I wrote that between 1997-98, when I was 17. I think I’ve always had a sense of what makes a good story. I was brought up in a book-loving family and always wrote short stories to amuse myself. But I was a late bloomer when it comes to grammar. I didn’t start to understand it well until I was in my early twenties, and I’m still learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment