Friday 9 July 2021

Akkad at 130k



Aaand we're moving again.

Managed to dig myself out of the mud and added 6,000 words to the manuscript in the past three days, so now we're at 131k. Oh my goodness, it's going to need so much work in the edit. I've reached the point now where I've lost track of places and people, and literally just use 'woman said,' 'they arrived at place,' as holders until I can go back through, Excel everything, and fill in the blanks. But it keeps the story moving forward. Let's just call it the base coat. Fine detail comes later.

I can see the end from here. Uruk has just fallen, Zage-Si is on his way to Nippur in chains. Need to go wash the weapons in the Southern Sea, then back up to visit the Temple of Inanna at Uruk, and the surprise ending. 

I mean... so much work. Unbelievable amounts. It's going to need an industrial sander. 

There's a bottle of bubbly in the fridge left over from my birthday. Think I'll crack it open once the final page is down. 

Really need to start writing shorter books. 



No comments:

Post a Comment