Sunday, 2 April 2017

Author Taxation

Just thought this was worth mentioning. There are some proposed changes to the UK tax system that will have a big impact on authors. If you are a British author, it's worth checking out the situation.

The Society of Authors has issued a letter template which you can send to your MP. Even if you're not a member of the SoA, you can simply change the line: 'As a resident in your constituency, a self-employed author, and a member of the Society of Authors,' to 'As a resident in your constituency and a self-employed author...'

If you're not sure who your MP is, or if you'd like to submit the letter by e-mail, head to WriteToThem.

No comments:

Post a Comment