Friday 5 May 2017

Musical Interlude: Rickie Lee Jones



People do choose to do the strangest things sometimes. Not that strange is bad - just strange. I've been writing briefly about Evelyn McHale in Still Life. Just a brief entry on what is sometimes referred to as the most beautiful suicide. Whilst attempting to find out what the model of car was that she landed on, I came across an odd recreation on YouTube (disturbing). It did help answer the question, but the song got stuck in my head. It really does seem to compliment the picture. It's sad. I like it. The thought that struck me was that she wrote in her suicide note: I don't want anyone in or out of my family to see any part of me [after I am dead]. Yet it has become one of the most iconic suicide images in the history of photography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment