Monday 3 February 2020

Kirsty Henderson


I'd like to give a shout out to my friend Kirsty Henderson who is blogging her journey to build a house in Portugal. You can read all about it on her blog Portugal from Scratch. The picture above is from her latest post documenting a building course she went on in Costa Rica. 

Kirsty was a long-term resident in Kigali and I help her to manage the Living in Kigali community forum. She is incredibly driven and created the first tourist maps for Kigali, Nairobi and Kampala. 

She also had a travel blog called Nerdy Nomad, which explained how to travel the world on an internet income, and you can read more about her early adventures in this interview from 2009

She passed through Kigali last year and we had lunch together - though I was (unknown at the time) suffering from malaria, so mostly sweated at her and picked at my food.

Kirsty really is an incredible person. She's done so much in life already and I'm looking forward to reading about her Portuguese adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment