Wednesday 4 March 2015

Price Freeze


Had a really incredible surprise the other day. 

Checked my online banking and there was a lump sum from ALCS (Authors' Licencing and Collecting Agency). These are the guys (now managed by the British Library) who are responsible for collecting Public Lending Right in the UK, the money authors make when their books are loaned in libraries. 

I'd never received an ALCS payment before. At first I thought they'd made a mistake. When the statement arrived, the majority of it was not for loans, but for photocopying in schools! I'm having a hard time trying to work out whether it was LSD, tuberculosis or top-surgery that entertained the under-fives most, but I'm certainly not complaining. It wasn't enough to break the bank, but enough to buy me a refrigerator. I currently have cold milk and fresh pineapple for breakfast, all thanks to PLR.

Authors - if you have not already registered, do so! You can also now register audiobooks

It's free money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment