Tuesday 3 September 2013

London Girl


I'm on a bit of an Autumn Road Trip at the moment, the first leg having been London, where it was my great pleasure to head out on the razz with talented aerialist and author, Will Davis.

We met last year at booQfest. He gave me a copy of his latest novel, The Trapeze Artist, for which I owed him a copy of Georg[i]e.

It only took me a year to get around to the Big Smoke, but we had a wonderful night of cocktails and Turkish food in Highbury & Islington.

If anyone happens to be at Bestival this coming weekend, he's due to be performing - look for a circus tent. Also look out for my cousin, Jimmy, who's there with a group called The Fontanas (Bandstand Stage, 7pm, Friday). When not traipsing around festivals like a hippie, he can also be found with Bad Ass Brass, my cousin Alx's band Hanging the Star, and on MySpace

It was also a pleasure to meet Will's sister over breakfast. She runs Nancy Dee, an ethical, organic, fair trade fashion label. Worth checking out (also on Facebook and Twitter).

Just thought I'd give everyone a big shout out, spread the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment