Wednesday 2 May 2018

Gog


Shit, sorry. Long time, no update.

I disappeared into the early 90s. 

My friend Harris just screwed up my productivity levels by introducing me to Gog. Only people of a certain age will understand the following list, but if they do, they'll go download the free Gog Galaxy gaming client right now, kiss their families goodbye and spend the next six months in darkened isolation with a pizza delivery brochure. Ready for it? Here it is:

  • Sam and Max
  • Day of the Tentacle
  • Monkey Island
  • 7th Guest
  • King's Quest
  • Zak McKracken
  • Leisure Suit Larry

They're all on there, and most of them have received a modern-day makeover, boosting the graphics from pixilated to pretty attractive. 

But I haven't had time to revisit those gems yet. Harris introduced me to Gabriel Knight and The Longest Journey. For some reason, these passed me by the first time. Really loving them - especially Gabriel Knight. Mostly because it's outrageously outdated in terms of dialogue towards women and portrayals of Africa, which makes it adorable in its own special way. 

Longest Journey is good too, but it doesn't have the scene fade which cuts out all that walking about. You actually do have to walk absolutely everywhere. So much walking... and talking. I forgot how much talking was involved in adventure games. Mostly on the same subjects. 

Still, completely addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment