Friday 17 June 2016

Red Bananas


For those of you following the finger fiasco, half my bandages came off yesterday. Almost all better, just a bit red and extremely stiff. Too sensitive to type yet, and it's going to take a while to be able to stretch and clench, but considering what happened, I feel like Wolverine. The healing ability of the human body is truly incredible. Huge thanks go out to Nurse Moses at Polyclinique du Plateau in Kigali, and my GP, Dr. Lovatt, back in the UK who gave me some tips on exercises. Novel writing is still on hold for a while. It's bloody impossible one-handed, I have tried, but I reckon it won't be long now.

In case you're wondering, those aren't off bananas, they're ripening red bananas. Apparently, all bananas were once thus. Extremely yummy, and helping to sustaining my energy through this recovery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment