Thursday 18 February 2016

70,000 Secrets


I am on fire.

Another 10,000 words added in the past four days: 3k, 3k, 2k, 2k. 

The Secret Order of the Literati is now respectably novel-length and can only get more so.

Ideally, I was only aiming for 80k. Write shorter fiction and more of it. I'm now not so sure. I think it can be done, but I'm taking tomorrow and the weekend off to think hard about how to get the plot over the finish line. 

I am incredibly happy with my progress over the past couple of weeks. I've put a cool 23,000 words on the manuscript since getting back to Kigali earlier this month. This time next week it would be wonderful to say 'finished,' but that always depends on the book, never the author. We shall just have to wait and see.

Time for a well earned beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment