Friday 28 June 2019

Pagan Writers Community Group


Back in 2013, I ended up caretaker of a Facebook page called Pagan Writers Community. You can read about how it happened here. We've now got close to 56,000 followers. 

Three days ago, my friend Steve Sholl, who runs The Amateur Writers' Community, suggested opening a group alongside the page. A page is basically an advertising board. The page owner just posts what they like for people to see. A group allows members to interact and talk to each other. Active discussions rise to the top of the feed, whereas, with a page, everything sinks to the bottom. A group is more interactive.

Over the past three days, more than 100 people have joined. We're in the process of inviting all 55,000 page followers to join, but Facebook only seems to allow us to invite a very small number of people each day, so it's going to take a while. But, if you're interested, you can jump straight to the group here, and apply to join.

It's really exciting, but also a bit scary, as I already help moderate a local community group in Kigali with over 7,500 members. I enjoy doing it most of the time, except when you get arseholes and spammers, but I think I'm going to need to take on help with the PWC group, to prevent my life becoming one long Facebook feed. 

Thankfully, several good writing friends have joined, so I'm looking forward to reconnecting and making use of their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment