Thursday 8 June 2017

Roses at 20k

Brigette Barrager

2/3 at 20k = 50/50²

Little bit of author algebra.

Novella two of three is at 20,000, which is halfway through the book and halfway through the overall project.

Long story short, the re-adulting of Riding Hood got a nod of approval from Ghostwoods and a request for a second darkling tale. So, I decided to makeover Snow White and Rose Red, but couldn't resist the idea of a trilogy, as the first is at around 50k, but the Roses are only likely to make it to around 40k. So, I've picked Donkeyskin (Peau d'Âne) as the final addition, and the one yet to begin.

The potential here is to release each as an e-book, culminating in a paperback compilation at the end.

It's just an idea at the moment, but a nice one.

The thing is, I haven't done any writing for weeks. I've been so wrapped up in other things, mostly getting my piano project off the ground. 

I finally got back to it yesterday and I'm making up for lost time.

I've put Still Life on hold and committed myself entirely to these three fairytales. In two days I've written 10,000 words. Could never have done that with something that required research. It's such a freeflow - a lot of fun to write.

The working titles are Wolfish, Red & White and Skin. So, if you hear me mentioning those, you'll know what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment